Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

So...last week my SIL Ann and I attended a women's luncheon and swiped a few cupcake wrappers left by others guests. These intricate cut outs inspired my entire Valentines Day Dinner.


As soon as the kids left for school, I set the table and started chicken in the crock pot. I was committed. Later in the afternoon, I baked the cupcakes and finished the rest of dinner...artisan bread, ravioli with alfredo sauce, green salad, and a vegetable.




I tried something new...instead of buying the expensive sugar sprinkles, I took some raw sugar (I think that's what it's called) and shook it up with food coloring...amazing results. One other bit of advice...don't spend money on cute Valentine cupcake liners when using a red velvet cake mix. There was so much food coloring in the batter that they turned red; no sign of the decoration that once adorned the liner. Oh well.

Later that evening after Family Home Evening, we enjoyed homemade ice cream. I got to thinking outloud that somewhere there are four girls enjoying Valentines Day with their families.

Me: Maybe they are dreaming about the awesome Valentines Day dinner they will one day cook for their future husband.

Boy #2: "Ummm Mom, that's just weird!"

Dinner was wonderful...Hope your Valentines Day was amazing, too.